I have a transaction I'm initiating from an ASP page on my web server, NT Server 4.0 SP4, IIS 4.0

Intermittently, the transaction seems to hang the SQL Server (NTSrv 4 SP4, SQL Srv 6.50.416). The web page returns OK, I exit the browser.

However, using Enterprise Mgr to look at that SQL Server just hangs. Even hangs when you open Enterprise Mgr on the SQL Server machine itself.

Have to reboot the SQL Server to get things back to normal. Looking at the prior SQL error log I see multiple occurrences of the following msg, at the time the problem started:

Awaiting DTC message. UOW: 65ada715-0ee8-11d3-a4d2-0080c84a08ef State: PREPARED

The current SQL Error log shows that the DB that was being changed at the time of the problem and cannot be recovered.

Going into DTC, I have an unresolved transaction... I abort it via DTC and then stopping and restarting SQL server seems to fix the problem (ie. the DB then recovers OK). However, if I try using the web page to do the same thing, the same error occurs. I recover by repeating the above process.

If I reboot the Web server, everything goes back to normal (ie. the transaction then goes thru just fine).

My .ASP page uses <%@ TRANSACTION = Requires_New %> to make sure the transaction is ACID.

Anyone got any ideas as to what&#39;s wrong?