Thread: orderid

vineet Guest

orderid

i faced some problems while restoring and backup . both my sql 6.5 server had different order id , so a backup on one did not restore on the other.
    Why has been sql server designed in such a way and how does the order id is set
    i have always taken the default . but as in my case the defaults were different on separete machines. why .

David Pierri Guest

orderid (reply)

running sqlsetup will get you the menu where you can change the order setup. As long as the data was created with a certain order
    you can set the same order on the server you need to create a back up from so that it will work. This ofcourse will have to be done in a
    fresh installation because different databases with different orders can not (by microsoft standards) work on the same server.

Good luck
    David

------------
    vineet at 7/14/99 12:45:29 PM

i faced some problems while restoring and backup . both my sql 6.5 server had different order id , so a backup on one did not restore on the other.
    Why has been sql server designed in such a way and how does the order id is set
    i have always taken the default . but as in my case the defaults were different on separete machines. why .