Thread: A Question to Developers

A Question to Developers

Hi,

I need to hear from someone who develops ACCESS databases as a free-lancer. My company has asked me to put together a proposal for an ACCESS db for internal use. Since this is not in the scope of my day-to-day job responsibilities, I will get a bonus for this. I need to know how much independent developers charge per hour for planning, development, population, implementation, and training. The most important aspect of this is that I will not be paid for tech support. That will fall under my job description. So, I need to keep that in mind when putting the proposal together. Also, if anybody has a template that I could use, that would be great!

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.

goto sites like Elance.com and see how people are bidding for projects.

Thanks. Elance looks great, but I don't want to pay per quarter to be able to see the project specs. Any other sites that are similar?

I charge around $50 an hour with a 2 hour minimum. My business is a side business though. When I was looking for an Access Programmer for my day job I received rates from $40 to $150 per hour. Also, depending on the project, sometimes I charge a flat rate. Hope this helps you out.

Mark

May be you should recommend your management for web based database driven application like below

1. ASP-IIS-Access database (www.asp101.com)
    2. ASP-IIS-MSDE database
    3. ASP-IIS-SQL Server database
    4. ASP.net-IIS-SQL Server (www.asp.net)
    5. PHP-apache-MYSQL database
    6. PHP-IIS-MYSQL database

etc.......

Thanks all!