Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tornado-Need two ways Update records

Frank,

We have been testing these new functions and have come up with a recommendation. the .dbEditGridAdd function needs a parameter telling it how many rows to default to. Currently the default is the number of rows shown on the screen grid. In most cases, in add mode, a single record would be the default. In edit mode, the number of rows edit should be the number of rows shown on the grid.

Also, it would be a good idea to include in the manual, exactly how the functions .dbeditadd and .dbeditgridadd are related. We needed to isolate them
    using IF/Then statement(s).

We need this capability ASAP.

thanks, Paul

try intercept the gridedit buttonand change the pagesize.

>>how the functions .dbeditadd and dbeditgridadd are related ??

Explain more.. one function is normal add andone is grid add.

FK

I'll try the isolation thing..

As for the .dbEditAdd and .dbEditGridAdd. Without using an IF/Then statement to seperate them the UPDATE/INSERT sql string is not correct.
    That is, if the functions are not isolated the INSERT SQL will default to the .dbSQL string.
    The .dbEditGridUpdate appears to work correctly with out isolation.

Programming with the If/Then fixes the issue but it should be resolved at the system level so the applications programmer can simple use the .dbEditAddSQL and .dbEditGridAddSQL functions as designed....

Paul

MMMnn.. still not clear. Please exaplin more before I ask for a NWIND sample. Describe the case when it is NOT working.

FK

OK,

I created a NWind example, actually SQL Server example and sent it to your email address. You'll need to change the DNS for your system..

Paul

I looked at the test file again and I see the gridaddsql is not correct - fixed. Please try the patched dll (in your ftp dir).
    ALso, let me know how it goes in controlling the Edit Add "Rows". I see the reson there is "legi". If it is difficult to set the pages size when interccept the "gridadd" click then I can add a property to set the "GridAddRows".

FK