Thread: mySQL 5.0 installation issue and 5.1..

mySQL 5.0 installation issue and 5.1..

It looks like there are only 475 accesses on mySQL and no response to my question in mySQL category. But I need to evaluate both mySQL4.0.18 and the new mySQL5.0. That why I put this under MSSQL 2000 category.

When I installed mySQL 5.0 on windows 2000 server as service "mysqld-max-nt --install", net start mysql is good.

but "mysqlshow" brings with only one "Test" database, it did not show another important "MYSQL" database like I installed mySQL 4.0.18 on another win2k machine. Because of lacking of the "MYSQL" database, I could not create database with error of access denied on '@''localhost' on database 'xyz'.

Thanks for help.
    David

Did you see db files for 'mysql' db in mysql data directory?

Ramiao:
    Yes. The "MYSQL" folder was created under C:\MYSQL\Data directory and user.myi, user.myd and user.frm and other tables_priv, host, func files are there.

But just not in mysqlshow to display the MYSQL database as TEST DB together.

Did I missing any step? I just did the same as for mySQL 4.0.18. It looks like something missing from '@localhost'.

thanks for your help
    -D

Did you check with other mysql tools? Mysql administrator for instance?

I have check both winmysqladmin and mysql administrator tools, just see the test database. I have implement the mysql5.0 on both xp and win2k server with the same result: no error, not see MYSQL database.
    -D

Did you check www.mysql.com/support? I expect some kind of problem in mysql 5.0 since it's alpha release.