Thread: Trouble with editable data grid in a web page

Trouble with editable data grid in a web page

I try to find the way to create editable data grid (a view from MySQL database) in a web page. So, user can edit, add, or delete from one page instead of having switch edit, insert pages, one field in the view only. Any script I need to write or any special server behavior I can use?

Thanks a lot any one can help with.

Ann

Talking try phpgrid from phpgrid.com

Ann,

Check out the phpGrid from http://www.phpgrid.com. It looks like it does EXACTLY what you are looking for. The new version also packed with a dreamweaver server behavior extension to use so no programming is required.

Hope this helps,

Thanks so much for the information!

The demo looks great. It looks they do not offer vesion 1.1.5 demo. So, I did download phpGridv.1.08 to try. But they don't have Installshird packet to install. I can't follow their two installation methods.

Could you help me if you know that part?

Thanks a lot!

Ann

Lightbulb

Ann,
    Here is where I put the php data grid files in my system "c:\Inetput\wwwroot\" because I'm running PHP with Windows IIS server. It runs great. mySQL database needs to be running too.

If you are running PHP with Apache web server I think you need to put the files in the "public_html".

Hope this helps,

Frank,

I used Apache 1.3.27. localhost running at C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\htdocs. I have a my web folder called FixedAsset includes all php and html files what runs my database appliaction. Should I put phpgrid files to C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\htdocs?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Ann

I copied all phpgrid files to C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\htdocs. Then open a php file in Dreamweaver MX. How I can get Grid from PHP tab?

I must be missing some steps. Hope I can find help more detail.

Thanks so much!

The demo version doesn't include the DreamWeaver mx extension. Are you using Dreamweaver MX or above? The phpGrid version 1.1.5 is what you needed that includes the mx extension. Unfortunately it is not freely distributed.
    Here a link to the extension demo:
    http://www.phpgrid.com/grid/demo/griddemoflash.htm (worth to check out).

-Joe

You have copied the files at the right place.(Sorry I meant "htdocs" instead of "public_html" in the last post.) If you don't want any programming work, Joe was right, you will need get the new version 1.1.5 in order to use is PHP data grid extension. Do see the demo. it's very easy to use.

Hope this help you,good luck!