Thread: reading file names of cds to a database

reading file names of cds to a database

I have an ideal way that I would like to backup my work files. I work in the coastal/earth science area and have dvd/cd and cd/dvd of documents, data files, presentations etc. Files from projects area scattered around various cd/dvds and I would like to create a database of all the files on each disc.

Ideally, I could put a new disk into the drive, all the folder and file names would be automatically entered into the database. I could then enter some notes and keywords about some of the files and folders.

Is software available to do this? Is this just a dream or is it possible. If it is possible what would the first steps be?

reading file names of cds to a database

I have an ideal way that I would like to backup my work files. I work in the coastal/earth science area and have dvd/cd and cd/dvd of documents, data files, presentations etc. Files from projects area scattered around various cd/dvds and I would like to create a database of all the files on each disc.

Ideally, I could put a new disk into the drive, all the folder and file names would be automatically entered into the database. I could then enter some notes and keywords about some of the files and folders.

Is software available to do this? Is this just a dream or is it possible. If it is possible what would the first steps be?