Thread: No history ifnromation from job

Exclamation No history ifnromation from job

Hi All,

When I right click on some jobs in sql server and select view job history, sometimes I get "There is no history information for this job". I was able to see job history few hours/days back. I have not cleared logs nor restarted the box. But still i am not able to see any history information. I can however see history information on other jobs.

Can you tell me why is sql server wiping of job history information for some jobs. What can i do to prevent it?

Regards,
    PRO

It may be wiped out if you did not reserve enough rows in the history and some frequently running jobs take up all the available rows.

To increase the amount of history retained, go to properties of sql server agent and go to job system tab and increase the number of rows in the history.

Hi skhanal,

Thanks much for your reply. I have already configured Max. job history log size as 500000
    and max. job history per job 1000..What i dont understand is why some jobs show their status while others not.

Again, I appreciate your reply.

Thanks
    Prashanth

I suppose it should not happen now as you have bumped the number of rows for history.

In default configuration, if few jobs are running very frequently then they will occupy all of the available 1000 rows and history of less frequently running jobs get flushed out.