Thread: Pull column headings into rows?

Pull column headings into rows?

I am having a problem in dealing with column headings in a table, where certain fields have data that needs to go with them.

Right now, I have a seperate table of all the column headings, with another field for "Notes" so I can add data for the field names, but whenever I change the name of a column in the main table, I have to go back to this table and update it also.

Is there a way to pull all of the rows of my FieldNames table from the column headings of my main table? Then whenever I change or add/delete a column in the main table, it will be reflected in the FieldNames table.

Is there a way with SQL or Access? It seems like there would be databases designed where some columns will need to have some data attributes. How is this generally dealt with? Thanks very much for any incite.

Wyn

I am not sure I understood your question, are you trying to update a table whenever you have an update in another table?

You can do this using a trigger in all RDBMS, but Access may not be able to do it.