Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Login failed for user 'username"...

check your server network utility and see whether anybody disabled TCP/IP and Named pipes protocols.

if so just enable it and recycle the sql services.

SQL7.0 SP4.
    Reinstalling is my last option (maybe the only one). But I was trying to know if there was any specific repair for it that someone applied before.
    Thank you guys anyway for your time and answers.

jtabio, you have windows accounts only expect sa from your list of sql logins. That means those users should connect to sql server with windows authentication. They have to logon windows with their account then choose windows authentication in either odbc dsn or other sql tools to connect to sql server, can't input their account/password there.

Mr rmiao, if you read all my answers
    carefully you will understand that what you are point to is not related to this problem. Thanks anyway.

This is from your fist post: 'How can be fixed this problemm, to have the Windows login accepted by the SQL server?'. And my response was that to have the Windows login accepted by the SQL server, you have to use windows authentication to connect to sql server.

Yes, but read please the whole first post and you will see that I am referring that using the Windows logins
    is not possible to connect.
    If you follow the whole secuence of postings, you will realize that a whole set of possible checkings were already made in relation to Windows logins in the SQL server.

I know you checked those accounts in sql, but my point is use which authentication model to connect to sql for those accounts.

Re-Posting

check your server network utility in your server and see whether anybody disabled TCP/IP and Named pipes protocols.

if so just enable it and recycle the sql services.

TCP/IP and Named pipes protocols are OK.
    I did that before sending the 1st posting.
    Also checked the SQL ErrorLog file for any possible problem in the ports. All is OK.

Can you login to the server box and try to connect to sql server using windows authentication?

That is the problem: not able to connect to the SQL with any windows logins. Only accepts the "sa" login.

How did you connect windows account to sql server? Keep in mind that you can't type id/password for windows account, it's different from connect with sa. Have to choose windows authentication.

Mr rmiao,
    Thanks, but I can't understand what you are talking about.

1. Please see attached document....
    2. Please see the server properties

1. Open Enterprise Manager
    2. Click on your server name
    3. Right click on your server name
    4. Click Properties
    5. Click on the "Security" tab
    6. Select "SQL Server and Windows" as authentication.
    7. restart the sql service
    Attached Files Attached Files

When you connect to sql server with query analyzer, you'll get login screen. You put sql server name there and have a choice of 'connect using'. When connect with sa, you choose 'sql server authentication'. Put sa as login name and type password then click on ok. When connect with windows account, you HAVE to logon windows with that account first, open query analyzer and choose 'windows authentication' then click on ok. Same for odbc dsn. By the way, can you tell us how did you do when try to connect to sql server with windows account in query analyzer?