Thread: Problem installing the new version of ASPDBPro component

Problem installing the new version of ASPDBPro component

Frank, we are still having a problem registering the ASP-db Pro dll on all our servers (under COM+). BUT FAILS when we use Windows 2000 ADVANCED Server (that got older version of ASPDB, which we unregisted and deleted before installing new one). Is there something special in ADVANCED Server that we need to do? Has this dll ever been tested on an ADVANCED server? Are there any users of ADVANCED server that I can contact? What is the meaning of "the typelib could not be loaded"? What typelib file is ADVANCED Server looking for?
    NOTE: Our infrastructure has only WINDOWS 2000 ADVANCED SERVER with LATEST SERVICE PACKS

Thanks, Shailesh.

W2K Adv. Server & WS2003 are the only development environments we have. Different version of ASP-db DLL will not make any difference as long as you uninstall and "SHUTDOWN" the COM+ Application. Do not drag the DLL into it. Right click and install a new one. Still got problem. Make a phone appointment with support, get in front of the Server and they'll help you get it going. Has to be something trival. Classic ASP-db has been working for too long to have any new road blocks.

Frank

Hi Frank,

We tried installing the component on Windows 2000 Advanced Server, but failed. It is still throwing the error "typelib could not be loaded". (when installed on COM+ services)

This has become a serious issue here. We are not able to move with installation on any server.

Please let us arrange for conference call and get this fixed. Please let me know if I need to initiate any process from my side. We need to get this closed at the earliest.

regards,
    Shailesh

call the support number (web page) or better email them to make an appointment. Worst come worst, you can ship the server in they'll install that and you'll be charged for the time and effort. I think it is just some easy items that you overlook. Make a note of the latest version of your DLL when you contact support.

Get a clean machine with W2k and the go from there. That should isolate the problem somehow.

Frank

ASPDB Installation

Hi Frank,

We have been able to install the new ASPDB component to all the servers (for which we have been getting the problem of TypeLib could not be loaded). Following are the steps that we performed to install the new component:

1. First registered the component on machine using regsvr32.exe
    2. Opened the Component Server (of WINDOWS 2000 Advanced Server) and created a library application.
    3. Under Library application (which we named as ASPDB), we installed the component by clicking the Option “Import Component(s) that are already registered.”

It installed the component with this option.

Please let me know if there is any issue (later point of time) with this type of installation.

Regards,
    Shailesh

should not use regsvr32 to install the component. Should use the MTS as explained in the manual. But if you do not expereience no ill effect, that should be OK. I have to say your W2K Adv server has some component that is causing the MTS not to install COM+ components. I suggest you keep to track of it. BTW, install a standard simple COM+ component and see what happens.

FK