Thread: Garbage query displaying

Cesar Fraustro Guest

Garbage query displaying

Hi all!
    I´m getting a very unpleasant result when I use &#34;SELECT * FROM <many-columns-table (40+)>&#34;. Each query row appears with overwritten columns (not all but some of them)... also outside EM window !!!
    There is no data corruption on EM nor Windows, all programs remains running with no other sign but garbage overwritten... garbage dissapears after window refreshing.
    Just 1 month ago I made a 2-day full reinstall of my computer, so I don´t know what program could install an offending module/DLL/??? buy I´m sure it was working before. I hate that!
    Have you ever noticed something like that?
    Do you think is a DLL problem?
    Do you know a turn around? (I don´t want to reinstall all again!!!)
    Actually I´ve tried reinstalling SP4, SP5 on WS, uninstalling/reinstalling Client with no luck...
    Thanks,
    Cesar.

MAK/AnanthaKumar Muthusamy Guest

Garbage query displaying (reply)

HI.

My reply may be ridiculous. But u can try.

Try changing the property of Display settings to VGA 256
    or just 16bit color. Instead of refreshing it works sometimes.

Good luck.

MAK

------------
    Cesar Fraustro at 9/10/99 7:02:09 PM

Hi all!
    I´m getting a very unpleasant result when I use &#34;SELECT * FROM <many-columns-table (40+)>&#34;. Each query row appears with overwritten columns (not all but some of them)... also outside EM window !!!
    There is no data corruption on EM nor Windows, all programs remains running with no other sign but garbage overwritten... garbage dissapears after window efreshing.
    Just 1 month ago I made a 2-day full reinstall of my computer, so I don´t know what program could install an offending module/DLL/??? buy I´m sure it was working before. I hate that!
    Have you ever noticed something like that?
    Do you think is a DLL problem?
    Do you know a turn around? (I don´t want to reinstall all again!!!)
    Actually I´ve tried reinstalling SP4, SP5 on WS, uninstalling/reinstalling Client with no luck...
    Thanks,
    Cesar.