Thread: Another Problem with Oracle Forms Developer

Another Problem with Oracle Forms Developer

Hi,

I have created a number of SQL tables and put them into Oracle, I have then created a form in Oracle Forms Developer to insert records into 1 of the forms. I have put Submit New Record, Clear, and Exit Form buttons on it and they all work as I have run it in Internet Explorer and tested them all. What I want to know it how do I look at records that already exist so I can delete or edit them? I thought it would be the arrows at the top that seem to represent previous record and next records but when I press them nothing happens, and I have 7 records in that table, any help?

Thanks,
    Darren

Opps slight correction on my post above:

I have created a number of SQL tables and put them into Oracle, I have then created a form in Oracle Forms Developer to insert records into 1 of the tables. I have put Submit New Record, Clear, and Exit Form buttons on it and they all work as I have run it in Internet Explorer and tested them all. What I want to know it how do I look at records that already exist so I can delete or edit them? I thought it would be the arrows at the top that seem to represent previous record and next records but when I press them nothing happens, and I have 7 records in that table, any help?

Did you try to execute query (CTRL-F11) to query existing records in the database?

Yeah that was the problem, stupid me, I worked it out eventually anyway. I've only just started using Oracle Forms Developer since a week ago though.

Thanks,
    Darren

u can use execute_query on the block .. if u want a where condition applied for fetching the record .. first use Enter_Query they enter the feild value then use Execute_query .. u will get a filtered record set.