Thread: HELP/HELP - Agents not starting

Mary Keown Guest

HELP/HELP - Agents not starting

I am using MS SQL 6.5 SP5, NT4.0. running Tivoli Service Desk. Two of the four agents on the Applications server were not running so I recycled the server and now NONE of the agents are coming up. Generally the agents show up on the application server control panel but they have not started. The status of the server is 'initializing' and the Watchdog has started but only the 'dispatcher'started. I have hard booted the aps server and recycled the aps and db servers both. I know that there is a way to suspend the agents but that has not been done and the 'resume' button is not available to use. I tried restarting the dispatcher but it didn't do anything. I have also gone into 'config' on the control panel and it shows that '4' agents are set to start up.

We run a Web version also so I have my help desk analysts using it but they cannot refer back to tickets that they have just opened, etc.

ANY SUGGESTIONS - I have been waiting on Tivoli to call me back for almost an hour and a half.

Thanks - Mary
    812-485-7876
    mkeown@dc-is.org

HELP/HELP - Agents not starting (reply)

Well.....all I had to do was delete the *.dat files and recycle the server.

Mary

------------
    Mary Keown at 9/14/99 7:10:40 PM

I am using MS SQL 6.5 SP5, NT4.0. running Tivoli Service Desk. Two of the four agents on the Applications server were not running so I recycled the server and now NONE of the agents are coming up. Generally the agents show up on the application server control panel but they have not started. The status of the server is 'initializing' and the Watchdog has started but only the 'dispatcher'started. I have hard booted the aps server and recycled the aps and db servers both. I know that there is a way to suspend the agents but that has not been done and the 'resume' button is not available to use. I tried restarting the dispatcher but it didn't do anything. I have also gone into 'config' on the control panel and it shows that '4' agents are set to start up.

We run a Web version also so I have my help desk analysts using it but they cannot refer back to tickets that they have just opened, etc.

ANY SUGGESTIONS - I have been waiting on Tivoli to call me back for almost an hour and a half.

Thanks - Mary
    812-485-7876
    mkeown@dc-is.org