Thread: EM transfer manager fails moving data after 80th table?

DAvid Spaisman Guest

EM transfer manager fails moving data after 80th table?

Hello:

I am running on mssql 6.5, sp4. We have been trying to use EM transfer manager to move one test database on one server to another database on another server.
    We are dealing with 135 tables on this database. The transfer works up until about the 80th atble and then just dies but the scheduled task says it failed and check error log. The transfer creates the tables on the destination database but only loads the data until this one table.

WE use all of the options in EM Transfer manager which are st as defaults.

THere is no one on the source or destination databases locking this table.

Other smaller databases were successfully transferred from one database on one server to the other database on the other server without any problems today and yesterday.

Has any one run across something like this?

THanks.

David Spaisman

Bob Lane Guest

EM transfer manager fails moving data after 80th table? (reply)

I haven't run into this, but there are logs created when you use transfer manager. The default is mssqllog. They may give you some clues.

------------
    DAvid Spaisman at 9/14/99 4:32:41 PM

Hello:

I am running on mssql 6.5, sp4. We have been trying to use EM transfer manager to move one test database on one server to another database on another server.
    We are dealing with 135 tables on this database. The transfer works up until about the 80th atble and then just dies but the scheduled task says it failed and check error log. The transfer creates the tables on the destination database but only loads the data until this one table.

WE use all of the options in EM Transfer manager which are st as defaults.

THere is no one on the source or destination databases locking this table.

Other smaller databases were successfully transferred from one database on one server to the other database on the other server without any problems today and yesterday.

Has any one run across something like this?

THanks.

David Spaisman