Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Straight to filter page

I have not used the Debug option before. What value do I need to set it to in order to show all steps. Also, where does it put the debug information? In a file, or on the webpage that is generated.

checkout the dbDebug of the online manual. the debug is an on-screen dump. Dump all so we can see where the SQL changed to SELECT * ... from SELECT TOP n .... after dbExpress=true

OK... I am going to need to add a where clause to my select though, because the page times out before it can deal with the 30 million records.

if you can build the case using nwind then the debug will be much easier. All we need to see is the SELECT * .. statement.

FK

Hi Frank. I see now that ASP-DB is issuing SET ROWCOUNT 50, because that is what size my grid is set to. I also see now, after using showplan, that MS SQL server is having problems selecting an optimal query plan when using SET ROWCOUNT. Without SET ROWCOUNT it uses a HASH join. With ROWCOUNT set it uses a LOOP join, and takes more than 5 times longer to run. Using a join hint in my query gets performance back to what I was expecting. Thank you for your help in looking into this issue Frank.

This SET ROWCOUNT stuff is controllable. If you have problem again, let me know and we'll find a way to get around that.

FK

I think I cured this problem

I seem to remember having this problem some time ago. Try setting to the page maximum size to 20 - mydb.dbGridinc="20". I can't remember the syntax for the .dbGridIncMax (I'm on Tornado) which may need changing as well. This seems to stop the whole recordset being queried.

So, do we have a problem or not? If so, please be more specific the problem area and also some sample code will help.

FK