Thread: sboxmacro

sboxmacro

Hello,

I have gotten sbox working with a database, but now I realize that the default value for the dropdown is a number that starts at 0 and increments by 1. From what I can tell, there is no way to tell the value to be taken from one of the columns in the database.

Dim Mydb As New Tornado.Z()
    With Mydb
    .dbQP = "U=4| s=12| Ps=-1| D=localhost;FMI_Service;mousedb;mouse01|Q=group_na mes| M=ty=SBox!SboxMacro=#2#"
    .ASPdbNET()
    Response.Write(GD.Get_Sbox(4))
    Response.Write(GD.Get_SelectBoxSelection(4))
    End With

Can anyone tell me how to do that? If you cannot select the value, then it seems to not be that useful?

Thanks,

Dean

>>there is no way to tell the value to be taken from one of the columns in the database.

value taken from Column? Give an example. Do not use your example, nobody would know what it is. Use the Nwind example -

Dim GD As New Tornado.Getdata()
    Dim Mydb As New Tornado.Z()
    With Mydb
    .dbQP = "U=4| s=12| Ps=-1| D=nwind| Q=employees| M=ty=SBox!SboxMacro=#0#"
    .ASPdbNET()
    Response.Write(GD.Get_Sbox(4))
    Response.Write(GD.Get_SelectBoxSelection(4))
    End With

I put up an example inteh demo display modes page. Check out the selectbox_DB example. Thathas an INIT value of 'Peacock'. You need a patch DLL to do that. Contact Support to get it.

FK

Hello Frank, Thanks for that enhancement, it added something else I was thinking that would nice. However, what I was referring to is that if I want the user to select the "last name" field in the select box, but I want the "EmployeeID" to be the actual value for the select box. Then behind the scenes I use the value for my queries. Right now the value starts at 0 and then I add 1 to get it to match the index I am using, but needless to say that does not work in all cases.

This would be something like:

SboxMacro=#1#~#2#

I tried this, but in my case it did not work.

Thanks,

Dean

Oh, I forgot to mention that the new DLL takes care of the Interger only problem.. Now you can use id, name etc... see the demo. Get the latest patch DLL from support to test the features and report whether it has everything in it.

FK