Thread: '..Not a valid path' in DTS package

'..Not a valid path' in DTS package

Im trying to export a table from SQL Server onto a network folder. I created the job, Im a domain admin.

After I completed the DTS package, I run the DTS package manually, and everything works fine.
    BUT when I schedule it, it boinks out giving me 2 msgs:

1.i"s not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides. Error source: Microsoft JET Database Engine Help file: Help context: 5003044"

other times:

2. Non-SysAdmins have been denied permission to run CmdExec job steps. The step failed.

Like I said, Im a domain Admin, when I run the package manually it works, but has problems when I schedule it...

Any insight would really be helpful and help me cease my frustrations.

Thank you

whenever you schedule a job it runs using sqlserveragent account.

Make sure the account used for sql agent service has enough permission to the folders that the DTS package is using.

If you are not member of sysadmin in sql, your job will run under sql agent proxy account. SO that account needs permission on network folder as well.

My SQL Server Agent account is also a Domain Admin and Im part of the SysAdmin group in SQL...so it seems that the permissions are covered.

I started noticing these problems (the job used to run fine) after we had a power outage over a weekend...could that have anything to do with it ?

I've rebooted the server already, but no change

Tried recreate the job?

yes

How do you specify file path in the package? Use unc name?

Smile

Thats what it was !...I was not using a UNC naming convention...but I could have sworn that I originally set up the job without a UNC naming convention and that it ran fine, until we had a power outage

Thank you for sticking out the problem with me