Thread: Need help with sql

Need help with sql

Hello.
    I'm doing a forum using asp with dreamweaver MX and using Access for my data base. Now, what I want to ask you.. I want to make appear in the main page of my forum the last user that registered the forum.. I'm a noob at sql and I need help. I want to make a filter where i can show only the last user from my user table. I thought using the id for that kuz it's "the" unique key in every registration. But i just can't figure it out It seems so simple but it's driving me crazy =/ Tnx

You should have a column for timestamp where you store the date and time. Use that column to find the last registered user.

SELECT * from registrationtable where date = (select max(date) from registrationtable )

Thaks =D It's just I couldn't put the date before.. all kuz of a missing "space". Like.. I was putting <%= Date()%> instead of <%= Date() %>
    lolz Thank you once again ^^ *****

Ok.. now this in a real pain.. :S How to make fields in the registration entry obligatory and if they are not filled an error page will open re-directing the user back. Tnx once again ^^