Thread: Problems-Upsizing MS Access 2000 DB to SQL Server 2000

Problems-Upsizing MS Access 2000 DB to SQL Server 2000

Hi all,

I am facing some problems while upsizing my current MS Access2000 database (.mdb file) to SQL server 2000 ( trying to make a client/server application by creating a .adp file).

I did everything using Upsizing wizard available with the MS Access2000. During the Upsizing using wizard I selected the option to create a new database, connected to the SQL server out there on the network( made sure that connection was tested OK), exported all the tables( was not sure what attributes of the table to select, so i selected all the options-indexes, validation rules, defaults, table relationships using DRI and even added time stamps).

Then i selected the option to create a new Access client/server application. I got two syntax errors while upsizing(one was while upsizing queries and the other was a form).But i clicked OK and the upsizing continued with no further errors.

When i looked at the snapshot created by the wizard. All the tables were upsized properly,but none of the queries were upsized. I got errors like "The wizard was unable to analyze the SQL for this query" or "This query is not upsizeable because it depends on a Form parameter". There was no information regarding forms or reports on this snapshot.

When i opened the .adp file created by the wizard, some of the components on the Forms were not working and giving the error messages like "The record source specified on this form or report does not exist".

I am new to this field and I would appreciate if anybody suggest me something related to these problems.

Thanks in advance.

VJ

Query in Access gets translated to View in SQL Server. SQL Server view does not allow parameters, and your query may have parameters in it.