Thread: replication

Craig F Guest

replication

I am trying to establish replication. The database that I want to replicate is over 1.5 Gigs. In order for the initial synchronization to work, does my distribution database have to be at least that big or can it be 500 Megs or so. Thanks, Craig.

Ray Miao Guest

replication (reply)

No. Initial sync doesn't use much space on distribution db.

------------
    Craig F at 10/5/99 4:41:18 PM

I am trying to establish replication. The database that I want to replicate is over 1.5 Gigs. In order for the initial synchronization to work, does my distribution database have to be at least that big or can it be 500 Megs or so. Thanks, Craig.

pranav bhatt Guest

replication (reply)

Hi Craig

Its not necessary for the distribution database to be as big as the publishing database but make sure that the replication subdirectory has enough space for the sync task to run. (//mssql/admin/repl_data). Its important so that the sync task does not fail.

Pranav

------------
    Craig F at 10/5/99 4:41:18 PM