Thread: Question from a beginner using dates

Question Question from a beginner using dates

Hi,

Been developing an Access DB for a few months now, but have a couple of nagging problems. Please any help would be great. Thanks, Susie

Problem1:
    I have created an Access Form that includes a date picker ActiveX control. It works for me, but not other users. Why is this and how do I fix?

Problem2:
    I have the following code that updates a field after an event. Again, it works for me but not others?

Forms!activity_log!DateModified = Date

Cheers, Susie

Make sure that the activex control is installed in other users machine.

Thats not much information to go off of, but it sounds slightly like a problem I had. Try this, or at least check it:

A. do all users have read/write access to where the file is stored?

B. do your controls reference anything? if so, make sure they reference things on your network and not your local machine.

C. beat it with a hammer when it doesnt work correctly, this searvs many ends at the same time:
    1: stress releif
    2: contrairy to popular belief,they will work better if you intimidate one or two
    3: and your sure to get a newer and faster computer from your IT department

But, thats my only sudgestions with the amount of info you posted. Maybe with more either myself or another user can give you a better starting point.

Brandon

skhanal is right.

Check if the controls are installed on the other machines too.

When your application crashes with an error it will start VBA for you and will point to the code which caused the problem.
    Now click on Tools/References.
    Here you can find a list of used and installed ActiveX controls on the PC.
    Where the checkboxes are checked those controls are used by your application.
    Now if you see any of them prefixed with "MISSING" those you need to install on the machine.