Thread: problem in performance monitoring...

problem in performance monitoring...

Hi
    In performance monitor, Add Counters interface, it is pointed to the local SQL server as default.

Probably a kind of 'stu..' question. When I typied a remote sql server name in the "select counters from computer dropdown listbox", which is in my E.M. registered already, I got the error of "Unable To Connect To the Machine".

thanks
    David

and...... the question is???????

just kidding

in EM you registered using SA userid I think. I believe, If you have NT login with access to the remote machine u can connect.
    Last edited by MAK; 07-23-2003 at 04:46 PM.

thanks Mak

But I have set up the whole registering 50 servers on the current logins. If I want to use the NT auth logins to connect the remote server for performance monistoring, all settings are gone. Is there are new staff coming to scripting the current setting and re-establish under the new logins?

y a the m
    -D

it is nothing to do with Enterprose manager ... your login should have admin access to all the servers.

add your login to domain admin group

To see performance monitor counters for remote machines, the login you used to login to your machine needs at least local administrator privilege on remote machines.

If you can't be a domain admin, create a new domain group and add that group in local administrator group of each server you want to monitor.