Thread: building search facility

building search facility

Hi,
    I have a customer master form where user can enter customer details like NAME, PHONE, FAX, ADDRESS etc. I've enabled the navigation bar provided by access to scroll thru the records. Now, I would like to provide a easier way to lookup customer records. I would like to have a combo box which displays all customer name and when customer name is selected system will automatically fetch other details - PHONE, FAX & ADDRESS. I tried implementing this and it works just fine. The problem I'm having is that the record pointer is not moving. To be more clear. Lets say I have 5 customer records. When I open the form system defaults the information pertaining to the first record. If I select a different customer name (say record #3) using combo box the details are fetching but when I modify the details, it overwrites the first record. ie., the record pointer is still in the first record. How do I tell access that I'm in the 3 record ?

Upload your customer form with customer table here (zip the .mdb file). Let me see how you have written the code.

thanks a lot

Guys,
    Really appreciate your prompt response...
    yesterday after posting this message I was browsing the net and came across this website where I found information on how do to this kind of search...and i followed it seems to work in a test env...let me put the same in my actual live env and see if its working fine....

the link is http://www.ageesw.com/access.htm

Once again thanks a lot...