Thread: dynamic lables

dynamic lables

Hello folks. Me again. ... Was that a groan I just heard from the back of the room?

OK, should be an easy one today, but I'm not sure, I think they all should be easy ones and I'm ususally wrong so hey. What I'm wanting to do is this:

I have a form (Form1 for simplicity sake) with a subform in it (sbForm1). I have it, or will very shortly, so that you select a record in sbForm1 and then hit a button and a form(Form2) that modifies that record pops up pre-filtered to the proper record.

I want there to be 2 lables at the top of this form, project_number, and project_name, so that it is easily identifible which record you are modifing. If it comes to it, I will just use text boxes, but I would perfer to use labels cus I think it will look better.

Does any of that makes sense? If not I appoligise, as not only did I get to little sleep, but I also overslept, so I'm a bit drained. Thanks again for any possible advice from anyone.

Brandon

What you are talking about pal?

Just kidding.

Create that form and subform with sample table and upload it here, let me take a look.

Give test case like what record I have to click and what you want.

Firewall is REALLY picky about such things. The best I can do is prep a word doc with table/query designes w/ a little bit of sample data, then try my best to explain how the forms were made. That means some work for you to help me out. If your ok with that, then I'll post such a deamon, but as far as posting ANYTHING resembling an actuall form or table, that will get me fired (believe me, alomst happened once already). If that is asking to much of you and your time, than I more than understand, and thank you heartly for your offer.

Brandon

Dont get fired.
    Job market is very bad now.

Put in a word doc and send it.

or rename your access file to .zip and send it.