Thread: User Profiles cant load my app

Question User Profiles cant load my app

I am trying to create an app using delphi and mysql.

They are being connected by the ODBC
    driver that ive downloaded.

Under most user profiles on my computer everything seems to work OK. the app runs well.

but under 1 profile when im loading the app I get a windows error saying the app will be close.

it seems like it crashs connecting to the DB. that user can connect ok to mysql, using the cmd prompt or the front-end. but there is still a problem.

I was wondering if it could be a problem with the ODBC Driver??????

Has anyone had this problem before.
    If so, please HELP...

I suggest you give a lot more details, so that we don't have to 'guess' what's wrong. Try to supply us with the following info ( anybody else that can think of something more, please post ):

[list=1][*]The complete error message[*]The error code - if any[*]Is it a Windows error msg, or one produced by the Delphi app?[*]What are the Windows account differences between this user and another 'working' user's account?[*]What version of Delphi and Windows do you use?[*]What version of ODBC do you use?[*]Have you tried some other MySQL apps ( Windows based )? What was the result?[*]Is there any weird info in the MySQL logs?[*]Is there any weird info in the Windows/ODBC Logs?[/list=1]

Nine out of ten times you will solve the problem yourself once you start to find the answers to all the questions you can ask.

You can also check out the following article on Database Journal ragarding MySQL logs.

Cheers

Thanks for your help ive tried to answer some of our Q's.

The complete error message

>The Error is titled 'Program Error'
    >App.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program.

The error code - if any

>There doesnt seem to be an error code.

Is it a Windows error msg, or one produced by the Delphi app?

>It seems to be a Windows Error.

What are the Windows account differences between this user and another 'working' user's account?

>There are no differences between the any of the account i am using.

What version of Delphi and Windows do you use?

>Delphi 5 and Windows 2000 MySQL

What version of ODBC do you use?

>Mysql 3.23, ODBC Driver 2.5

I havn't been able to look at the logs. hope some of this helps

Unfortunately I don't know anything about Windows, but at least some other readers now have more info.

Hope some kind person help you soon.

Cheers.