Thread: A question about macros

Question A question about macros

I am attempting to create records in sub tables in my database as i create records in the primary table.

the primary table is named tblProject_Table, and there are a totle of 4 'sub' tables based off of it:

tblPhase_Dates_and_Status
    tblProject_Dates
    tblProject_Notes
    tblProject_Priority

Here is what I am TRYING to make work:
    I have an existing macro set up drop in the sequential project number that is calculated in a query.

I wrote another macro that opens a very simple form that just has 4 text boxes on it (one linked to the project number field of each of the 4 tables above) puts the value of the current record of the tblProject_Table 's project number field into each box if the value in the box/control field IsNull. Then close the form with the text boxes on it.

I couldnt put it in the On Current property of the frmNew_Project form, because the macro that sets the project number has to be there. So I made another macro that calls both of those two macros.

For some reason, only the first record of the sub-tables gets made, then none of the rest do. Does anyone have any ideas?

Brandon-the-confusing-as-always

if you are just trying to append records into tables have you looked at running append queries instead of having this popup form idea.

Without seeing what you have done it is hard to say what may be wrong....for me anyway. I have not used macros in years and hate them. Running append queries sounds like an easier option to me though.