Thread: Access GUI via ??

Access GUI via ??

This is a very crazy topic for me. I'm used to MySQL and PHP... but now I have to develop a Access Database on a non Network Client. and there are some Questions. I don't know how to realize the user's interface.

First, I describe to Software.
    It's like a diary with additional options (calendar, notes..).
    Everyday, the User starts the program and types in some dates and text and can upload a picture, that all should be saved in the Access Database.
    On the XP-Client, just MS Office Prof. is installed, no Server or anything like this. (it's atechnical problem, i guess)

Is it possible to use just Access to create a GUI, so that users easily can read and edit Data, having a nice and handy interface without understanding what's behind the forms, without the Access Splash and Environment?

Or am I to use a C++/VB builded Application with ODBC Driver.

I don't know how to realize this. Hope someone can help me.

[thx ]

Is it possible to use just Access to create a GUI, so that users easily can read and edit Data, having a nice and handy interface without understanding what's behind the forms, without the Access Splash and Environment?

Absolutely, this is what access is designed to do. Get a good book. View an on-line tutorial.

Thanx a lot

I'll buy a good book

But I suppose that if the user launchs the programm the usual Access Splash apears and asks to select a file to open, doesn't it?
    is there a possibility to autromate this procedure?

maybe by using a C++ developed interface over ODBC? and is it possible to acccess the database without a MS SQL Server?

I as well read about data access pages to edit and fill in data via htm-files, but can hardly find good information about this.

I still don't see it. forms in access aren't that comfortable!

But I suppose that if the user launchs the programm the usual Access Splash apears and asks to select a file to open, doesn't it?
    You can specify a certain form to fire up upon entering the database if thats what you mean ? Tools > Startup....

It will prompt you to open a file if you just open access itself.

and is it possible to acccess the database without a MS SQL Server?
    Access is a complete database package in its own right. SQL Server is not necessary at all.

Not sure about data access pages sry.

Essentially Access allows you to create small scale databases very very quickly; granted if you know what you are doing.