Thread: Use Aggregate Values

Use Aggregate Values

Hi all,

I have a table with the following fields:

carrier,calc_date,ind_id,rcf

I need to run a query to get the following result(by carrier and for each calc_date, calculate the percentage of all individuals who have rcf greater than 0.73):

carrier,calc_date,count of ind with rcf > 0.73, count of all individual, percentage of individuals with rcf's greater than 0.73.

does anyone have an idea of how to achieve that result?

Thanx

Here is the way of how you can do that (if I understood you right):

--St.1
    create table #tempt (carrier varchar(10),calc_date datetime,ind_id int, rcf decimal(5,2))

--St.2 insert different data to test the result using the script below bu changing the hardcoded values:

insert into #tempt (carrier,calc_date,ind_id,rcf)
    values('DHL', '2003-06-22', 13, 0.5)

--St.3 In this select statement the RCF_FLG is 1 if rcf is more than 0.73 and 0 if not, and percentage of the both group.

select carrier,calc_date,
    case when rcf > 0.73 then 1 else 0 end RCF_FLG, count(ind_id)*100.00/(select count(carrier) from #tempt where carrier = carrier and calc_date = calc_date) PERCENTAGE
    from #tempt
    group by carrier, calc_date, case when rcf > 0.73 then 1 else 0 end

Hope it helps,
    Dim

If you just need to express as numeric way

select case when cas/total*100 <> 0 then cas/total*100 else 0 end
    from (select cast(count(rcf) as decimal(4,2)) as cas,carrier,calc_date from c where rcf > 0.73 group by carrier,calc_date)a
    full outer join (select cast(count(rcf) as decimal(4,2)) as total,carrier,calc_date from c group by carrier,calc_date)B
    on a.carrier = b.carrier and a.calc_date = b.calc_date

If you want to express by use of '%'

select left(cast((case when cas/total*100 <> 0 then cas/total*100 else 0 end) as varchar(12)),5)+'%'
    from (select cast(count(rcf) as decimal(4,2)) as cas,carrier,calc_date from c where rcf > 0.73 group by carrier,calc_date)a
    full outer join (select cast(count(rcf) as decimal(4,2)) as total,carrier,calc_date from c group by carrier,calc_date)B
    on a.carrier = b.carrier and a.calc_date = b.calc_date

Thank you very much for your help Claire, just one small problem. It's giving me an arithmetic overflow error, how can I round the decimal points?

I think this will solve your problem
    PS.MyTable is the table name!You should change it to the tablename you are working on ,All the columns that I created in the Mytable are the same like you defined:Carrier,rcf,calc_date,ind_id

select carrier,calc_date,case when Percentage <>'0.%' then Percentage else '0%' end as Percentage from
    (select b.carrier,b.calc_date,left(cast((case when [case]/total*100 <> 0 then round([case]/total*100,0) else 0 end) as varchar(20)),2)+'%' as Percentage
    from (select cast(count(rcf) as decimal(8,2)) as [case],carrier,calc_date from MyTable where rcf > 0.73 group by carrier,calc_date)a
    full outer join (select cast(count(rcf) as decimal(8,2)) as total,carrier,calc_date from MyTable group by carrier,calc_date)B
    on a.carrier = b.carrier and a.calc_date = b.calc_date)C