Thread: Need help to access data in User tables

Question Need help to access data in User tables

I have a database with about 130 tables. It is a new database to me so I want to KNOW exactly where data is being populated when someone enters data through an application page. I don't want to go through and go table by table.
    So I want to know is there a script out there where it will help me gather the name of the table and the field name from where the data is stored.

I would really appreciate your help.

example:
    If I wanto find "Jerry" from those 130 tables and where it is stored. How can I go to accomplish this. Thank you for your help ahead of time.

you need to implement FULL TEXT SEARCHING in that database,after implement the full text searching ,you can use "contains" or "containstable" to accomplish your requirement.

FULL TEXT SEARCHING is a big issue,it's not a single simple statement

--Execute this statement. This will produce a list of select statements. Execute all select statements you can find the answer.

select 'select "'+a.name+ '",'+ b.name+' from ' + a.name + '(nolock) where '+ b.name +' like "%Jerry%" ' from sysobjects a,syscolumns b, systypes c where
    a.id = b.id and c.xtype=b.xtype and c.xtype in (175,99,231,34,35,167) and a.type ='u' and a.name <>'dtproperties'