Thread: add text to list box from text box

Arrow add text to list box from text box

hi

ok i have a new question. it should be easy, im just blanking out. heres the situation.

i have a text box... text22
    i have a list box... list33
    i typed "p" in text22

how can i copy the "p" from text22 to list33 without hitting enter or an OK button?

in other words, does text22 have a command such as GotFocus so that when text is entered into text22 it is displayed in the list box after each keystroke?

i saw change, keydown, keypress, and some others. if one of those is it, how does it work? how do i use it? whats the syntax?

thanks

-paul

ok im gonna start answering my own questions now:

first adding any old text to a listbox is a Visual Basic feature. in ACCESS its not so easy.

btw the code (in VB) is simple --list33.additem text22.text
    also, i used the Change event on the textbox; change is executed when something happens to the textbox, ie. text was entered. so you dont have to hit enter, it just happens. there are examples of making text "autocaps". you type lowercase or whatever and it makes it auto UPPERCASE. nice right?

ok, so my whole thing here is i wanna create my own "AutoExpand".

i bound my listbox to my table with all my customers. so when i run the form the listbox is populated with customers. i could scroll down and select myself if i wanted to.

i want my custs' to log in (without scrolling), so they type "S" and then the listbox clears and only displays the S's. then "sa" then it clears and displays all the sa's. and so forth.

so now im looking on how to make a search in the listbox, with the textbox value as the critiera. cool right?

help!!! haha

-paul

ok im gonna start answering my own questions now:
    first sign of madness!!

create a query of your customer table with all the necessary fields in it.

in the customer name criteria part put.....

Like Forms!FormName!TextboxName & "*"

in the afterupdate event of your textbox put something like....

ListBoxName.RowSource = "QueryName"