Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SQL server does not exist or access denied

Update

I was afraid it might be Cox but they told me that they were not blocking it when I called them tonight also. I actually used their online tech support chat. I will call in the AM and find out. I knew there would be a common thread with such a similar problem. Thanks

Here you go...

Here is an excerpt from the Crystaltech.com forum...a post from the President:

It has just been brought to our attention, Cox has disabled the ability for their users who are using standard Cable to use this 1443 port. We have been told they are pushing people into the Business accounts which cost in some cases $100 more per month for the same level of bandwidth etc.

We are looking into this further as I don't expect they can handle to many more dropped accounts. If this continues or becomes constant within the Cable community, we could possibly offer some port mappings etc. in the future for customers comming from secure networks.

This was an FYI, for many of you who are using Cox Communications.

Tim Uzzanti
    CrystalTech
    www.crystaltech.com

http://www.crystaltech.com/forum/top...Internet+Forum

Cox Response

Maybe they will keep blocking ports until there are none left to communicate and then they can just pack up shop...Here is their official response to an online chat with support, to push you to their Blocked Port page:

http://www.expressresponse.com/cgi-b...rch_input=1570

the management institute |
    tmi Financial Principles & Strategies |
    tmiCreative

Ok.. exact same problem here, I just got off a chat session with cox and I asked them about it and they referred me to the page in the last post.. then I said "It was working fine 2 days ago" and they ended the chat session without saying anything! looks like Ill be cancelling service soon..

Ending my Chat session

They ended my online chat session in the same exact manner...they must be taking rude lessons. What a way to run a business, raise prices, give less value and treat the customers poorly.

Is there anyway for us to connect to our server in the mean time other than getting a dial up netzero account or something similiar?

Only with a sql script in the code you use like ASP, Transact-SQL, vbscript...
    and they are not easy to come by...I am searching now and have found bits and pieces but not a total solution.