Thread: MS SQL 2000 setting login password expire

Post MS SQL 2000 setting login password expire

Hi,

I have designed and modified MS SQL procedures to enable alpha + numeric passwords and password ageing.

Now i am looking how to force the user to change the user to change the password if the expire period is met. Or can any 1 help in knowing the script for procedure which is used while login.

Like isql -Uuser -Ppassword
    immdly after the authentication i want the user to change the passord.

maintain a table with startdate and expiry date for all the users.

when expiry date comes, update their password to "temp"+convert(varchar,day(getdate()))+convert(var char,month(getdate()))

when the user log in it will kick them out, so they will call you for password.
    give them the password by running the statement select "temp"+convert(varchar,day(getdate()))+convert(var char,month(getdate()))
    and ask them to change it.

i dont want the user to call.... is there any way the message shd be displayed to user after the login and if the password expire date is met.

you can create a job to execute every day which can check your table for the created date , updated date. and send a NET send to the user.

you can check the sysprocess table every hour to see if the user logged in in comparison with the user table you have and send a NET send to the user.