Thread: Quoted Identifier

Quoted Identifier

During Index Rebuild, I get the following error:

"DBCC failed because the following set options have incorrect settings: 'Quoted_Identifier'"

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks,
    Ken Nicholson

Are you running index rebuild from query analyzer?

What is your current setting of quoted identifier in query analyzer. Change it to ON or OFF and try again.

The index may have been created with different quoted identifier setting.

Here is the discussion about microsoft bug. I dont know what Sp you use. You have to manually rebuild index for the reasons that are discussed in this link.

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Data..._20293276.html

Can anyone provide a Microsoft knowledge base article number or similar link as confirmation of this bug?

Thx.

Check q301292.

Thx, but I guess I didn't ask my question correctly. I'm looking for confirmation of the bug that is referenced in the link that MAK provided (http://www.experts-exchange.com/Dat...Q_20293276.html).

I can't find any reference to this bug on the MS site nor in TechNet.

Don't get me wrong- I *want* there to be a bug 'cause it would explain some of the squirrely behavior I've seen with Quoted_Identifier. I'm just looking for confirmation a little more solid than a user post in a public forum that says they talked to Microsoft...

But Microsoft doesn't think it's bug.

So then you disagree with the users post in which he states:

"I did speak to Microsoft and figured out that sqlmaint.exe uses hardcoded connection properties that is part of sqlmaint.exe. So although setting ARITHABORT and QUOTED_IDENTIFIER to ON should fix this issue, the connections properties withing sqlmaint.exe overrides these settings. Microsoft has documented this bug and has promised to fix it in a subsequent release!! "

??

Can't find this in TechNet, maybe something new and they didn't post it publicly yet.