I am in the process of building a web page that is database driven. I am going to need the database to contain various data on 400 products from 200 websites. I have a couple questions but I will for now stick to one. Instead of
going to each site and manually hand entering in each and every product and info on each can I "spider' those sites?
And search for the data? Can this be easily done even if the 200 sites have different formats of data storage? ANd this site search would need to be done intially to put all the data on my database. and it would also need to be updated at least quarterly, if not monthly. With that said would it not be easier to request from each sites webmaster to send me the database in whatever file they have it stored in?
And with that could I not stake that data and easily store it in my one common database? What database I am going to use I do not yet know. I was thinking of speeding up the process of colecting my content for the database by attempting to save ALL data in MS access. But I would hate to go through all that just to find out that I could not transfer the Access to a more appropriate web driven database format.

What suggestions do you guys and gals have for me. I can answer in more detail what I want to do if need be.
But to keep it general since data is data. Thanks.