Thread: SQL server does not exist or access is denied

SQL server does not exist or access is denied

Hello

I am having trouble with my connection string on MSDE.The error message l keep on getting is
    Sql server does not exist or access denied

The connections string l have tried are as follows:

Dim objConnection as New SqlClient.SqlConnection("Server = steves-pc; Database = keepfit; User ID = steves-pc\netsdk; Pwd =; trusted_ connection = false")

and l have also tried the following

Dim objConnection as New SqlClient.SqlConnection("Server = steves-pc; Database = keepfit; Trusted_Connection = True")

One question l have, is that l do l need to supply a password, as l don't know of any password that l can use.
    Many thanks in advance
    I don't have enterprise manager, is there another way to set up a ASPNET login, as l think that could be a problem

I have sent a attachment of my server explorer.

Steve
    Attached Files Attached Files

Don't need pwd with trusted connection, but do need pwd for sql authentication. You can test sql connection with odbc or isql, and add sql login with isql.

Hello rmiao

Thanks for your reply. Looking at my server explorer. Can your write me out the correct string connection that l would need for Sql authentication. This would be very helpful to me.

How would l add the SQL login with ispl?

Thanks for your help.

Steve

You should create sql login in sql server first, then you can connect to sql with that login/pwd. Can't use sql authentication with windows id.