Thread: Online Banking Database design (need badly & urgent)

Online Banking Database design (need badly & urgent)

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME....
    I HAVE GRADUATION PROJECT WHICH IS ONLINE BANKING (E-BANKING)...THE BIGGEST PROBLEM I'M FACING SO FAR IS THE DESIGN OF THE DATABASE....I CAN'T DESIGN IT....I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR SITES..BUT CAN'T RECIEVE ANY INFORMATION THAT COULD HELP ME....PLZ CAN U HELP ME DESIGN THE DATABASE OF ONLINE BANKING....
    MY DATABASE SHOULD CONSIST OF MODULES SUCH AS (A) REGISRATION OF NEW USER (B)VIEW OF ACCOUNTS LIKE ACCOUNT DETAILS, ACCOUNT SETTINGS, TRANSACTION HISTORY (C)TRANSFER FUNDS SUCH AS MAKE A NEW TRANSFER, TRANSFER HISTORY, AND PENDING TRANSFER AND LAST ONE (D) PAYMENTS SUCH AS ADD NEW PAYEE, PAYEE LIST, PAYMENT HISTORY, PAYING A BILL OR MULTIPLE BILLS..I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IF ANYONE COULD REPLY OT ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE 'COZ I'M RUNNING OUT OF TIME..I HAVE TO SUBMIT THE PROJECT ON 24 MAY.....PLZ...ANYONE WHO CAN AL LEAST HELP ME IN ANY OF THE TOP MODULES..JUST REPLY TO ME...
    I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO HEAR FROM U GUYS......

THANX ALOT,
    HANI
    Attached Files Attached Files

This is a big request, you are looking for someone to do your work.

Find any good book on database design and discuss with your professor/advisor on kinds of information you need in the database.

Database design is an iterative process, you start out with something then you go over it with the client (in your case your professor) and revise it.

If you have any specific problem we are here to help.

Good luck.

thanx for the reply sk...but i'm not looking for someone to do for me my work...i'm just looking for the guidelines of an expert....who can give me an idea of how to start or do it... this is graduation project there is no professor that can help u...u have to scrach it urself....i just need the assisant of someone...who can just tell me wat is to be done and how should it be done...that's all...

thatx alot once again

Have you started with something?

First this is to design the tables for each module. For example a new user what do you need a user table

first name
    last name
    address
    account no

for keeping account information you need account table which may have

account no
    account type
    open date
    current balance

Like this you layout the plan for each table you need. There are plenty of books on database design you should consider buying and reading.

Good luck with your project.

Take a look at these links. You can get a general idea about e-banking requirements and funxtionalities. Once you know the function of the bank it is easy to create entities.

http://www.generation.co.uk/Gen_ebs.htm

http://www.intel.com/ebusiness/pdf/a...nfosys0235.pdf

http://www.pexim.net/company/brochure.pdf

thanx alot for ur response..skhanal..
    i have already created the tables in access as u have mentioned...but the problem is wat should be my next move??...should i create queries in access or should i create web-applications for the bank based on the database...if this one...how should i do it???....plz...tell me wat should be my next step???....
    i really appreciate ur help....thanx alot again....

and thanx 2 MAK....the sites r great...they have been helpful...

thanx to all who r sharing with me their help.....