Thread: A question with users

Question A question with users

I have a php web page that writes some records into a mysql database & i use only one user/pass in my conection to mysql server. What's happend if many persons are writing in my database using the same php form, my db will crash?

Every person need to use different (user/password) to connect?

thank you & i am sorry if it is a stupid question

The user / password isn't really for resource management. It is for rights, so the same username & password shouldn't be a hinderence.
    Does this webserver run on windows or unix?

It is a "Suse linux" System.

And if you use Apache, then use mysql_pconnect(), instead of the regular mysql_connect(). This is a persistant connection that will stick around after use, but other requests will use the same one when they call mysql_pconnect().

It returns a new connection, or an already open persistant connection that is not in use.

All can use the same username/password as long as the db user does not have to many rights - you don't want to give complete control of your DB to just anybody.

Create a seperate user with only the minimun required rights required to perform the tasks it needs. Give the user this account's details.

Cheers