Thread: Begineer Requires Help!

Question Begineer Requires Help!

I develop basic websites. I have been contracted by a music company to develop a site using a database to do the following:
    Search for music by genre/keyword -> display the results in the following format:
    Song Name | Artist Name | Keywords | Description | (MP3 icon linked to download) | (WMA icon linked to download)
    The site will have an additional database of users who must login before they can reach the above page, also with the facility to track what each person downloads/searches etc. Any assistance on where I should start, what scripts to use etc. would be much appreciated. Cheers -andrew

Starting db design

Forget about scripts etc for the moment. The first place to start is to map out in diagram format exactly what data you want to store and how that data will link together. This will give you the basics for a db design schema. The quality of this process will determine how easy things are when you get to the website development stage.

there are 2 ways to do what u want: the microsoft way(MW) and the free way(FW).
    you need:
    -a web server(apache, for the FW, and IIS or PWS for the MW), running on Windows (for MW) or on linux (for the free way)
    -a database server(MySql for the FW, and SQl Server for MW), or a simple Access database(in this case, u must use the rest form the MW)

You must learn some SQL(just basics), some HTML(also, just basics) and ASP(for MW) or php(for FW)

good luck

Somewhere in the southern hemisphere, check my IP and you'll know
    Once you work out the MW,XML,PHP,FE,FW and XP you'll be half way there, Thanks smiley, lol.. im in the same boat.. .ET on HGH thats extra terrestrial on steroids