Thread: Weird SQL Server 6.5 problem

Tim Guest

Weird SQL Server 6.5 problem

I have a weird problem!

I have a database which takes up 12.5Gb of disk space yet when I drop all the objects out of it, it says that I still have 9.5 Gb of disk taken up by the database!

The database itself is nothing special. There are a couple of inefficient tables (char rather than varchar etc) and one that contains a column of datatype "image" but other than that it is pretty good.

Can anyone help?

Ray Miao Guest

Weird SQL Server 6.5 problem (reply)

Dropping object in sql6.5 will not reduce device size, check log size as well.

------------
    Tim at 7/31/2002 1:46:39 AM

I have a weird problem!

I have a database which takes up 12.5Gb of disk space yet when I drop all the objects out of it, it says that I still have 9.5 Gb of disk taken up by the database!

The database itself is nothing special. There are a couple of inefficient tables (char rather than varchar etc) and one that contains a column of datatype "image" but other than that it is pretty good.

Can anyone help?

Tim Guest

Weird SQL Server 6.5 problem (reply)

------------
    Ray Miao at 7/31/2002 9:59:36 AM

Dropping object in sql6.5 will not reduce device size, check log size as well.

------------
    Tim at 7/31/2002 1:46:39 AM

I have a weird problem!

Can anyone help?
    ------------

Perhaps I didn't clarify myself.

When you delete all the objects, the "Edit Database" Screen still says the database is taking up 9.5Gb of the device!