Thread: Welcome to Our New Experts Forum!

Welcome to Our New Experts Forum!

We'd like to welcome you to our new Experts Forum! Here you'll have the opportunity to ask our SQL experts the tough questions that have you stumped.

Members are limited to one question a week in the 'Ask an Expert' forum; ask your questions wisely. Additional questions from the same member will be moved to the appropriate category in the regular DatabaseJournal forums. As always, you may post to the regular forums as often as you like.

Enjoy the new forum!

EMC Control Center Database Query

This looks like a great place to obtain database management information. I'm a software engineer that's new to SQL. I need to query into EMC's Control Center Oracle database for performance info., disk assignment info., etc. I wonder if anyone has a simple SQL query I can use to get started. I'm reading up on Oracle SQL and just need to get things going. This is for EMC's Control Center 5.2, SP 1.

Thanks

Username and Password

Hi,

Want username and password are you using to access the database. The usrname and password that I have only gives me access to storagescope views only.

Thanks

Exclamation Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by lcole
    We'd like to welcome you to our new Experts Forum! Here you'll have the opportunity to ask our SQL experts the tough questions that have you stumped.

Members are limited to one question a week in the 'Ask an Expert' forum; ask your questions wisely. Additional questions from the same member will be moved to the appropriate category in the regular DatabaseJournal forums. As always, you may post to the regular forums as often as you like.

Enjoy the new forum!
    i had posted 3 questions in this forum. but no one replied,
    then who moderate this forum? or this forum intented only to the beginers?

Red face Outsourcing my database

Hi, i'm a newbie and need your help. I have compiled a comprehensive database in my spare time and would like to oursource it to marketing companies. I have, however, no idea
    as to how i estimate the value to my database. Can you help? Is there a general evaluation process that determines the value of a database. This is a list of companies and their contact person's details, brand names, types of business in my country.
    OOps! I'm probably in the wrong forum. Oh well, i suppose cutting through the chase and just getting answers from the experts aint a bad way to go?!
    Last edited by Ley-zone; 08-26-2005 at 06:13 AM.

converting from a character string to uniqueidentifier

Hi there i'm using frontpage with sql server 2000 here is my error and code any idea please?
    Database Results Error
    Description: Syntax error converting from a character string to uniqueidentifier.
    Number: -2147217900 (0x80040E14)
    Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server

One or more form fields were empty. You should provide default values for all form fields that are used in the query.

<%
    fp_sQry="UPDATE charge SET student_number='::student_number::',firstname='::f irstname::',lastname='::lastname::',tri_mester=':: tri_mester::',t_rate='::t_rate::',charge_amount=': :charge_amount::',sub_charge='::sub_charge::' WHERE id='::id::'"
    fp_sDefault="student_number=&firstname=&lastname=& tri_mester=&t_rate=&charge_amount=&sub_charge=&id= "
    fp_sNoRecords="<tr><td colspan=16 align=left width=""100%"">No records returned.</td></tr>"
    fp_sDataConn="catman"
    fp_iMaxRecords=256
    fp_iCommandType=1
    fp_iPageSize=0
    fp_fTableFormat=True
    fp_fMenuFormat=False
    fp_sMenuChoice=""
    fp_sMenuValue=""
    fp_sColTypes="&"
    fp_iDisplayCols=16
    fp_fCustomQuery=True
    BOTID=0
    fp_iRegion=BOTID
    %>

Please post it in a new thread.

Hi ,
    this is rajamanickam, i'm delphi programmer.
    i saw ur merge replication sql server in web site, but i want how to work merge replicate with STORED PROCEDURE. can u help me?.

requirement: ( Bi-Directional transaction ie. Server ---> Client )
    ============ <---

1. There are one main offfice and n number of branch office. Each office have a own sql server and store the data.

( eg. Main office database name = "MainDB"
    Branch1 = "Branch1"
    Branch2 = "Branch2"
    Branchn = "Branchn" )

2. At the end of the day or specified interval of time, the branch new data/ modified data(already send) are need to be update the main office server.

3. After updating in main office, the data are processed and again transfer to the appropriate branch office, the branch office is need to import the data.

i'm a french student in internship in a cambridge's lab. we are developping a software named lifetrack. i have buid a setup with a sql server database and another one with access database. so now i want to run lifetrack with oracle database. just run (no need to buid a package now). so what could u consider me to do? computer already have oracle. how can i generate the database?do you know if there is any tools to do that? and where can i find more information. thank u for ur help

You should migrate your sql server's db schema to Oracle and create db with the schema. In app side, modify connection string to point to Oracle db.

hi,
    Can I just ask my question here?

No, open a new thread.