Thread: I get this error every time I exceed 127 lines..

I get this error every time I exceed 127 lines..

Error

SQL-query :

LOAD DATA INFILE 'text.txt' INTO TABLE `products` FIELDS TERMINATED BY ';' ENCLOSED BY '"' ESCAPED BY '\\' LINES TERMINATED BY '\r\n'

MySQL said:

Duplicate entry '127' for key 1

What's the deal man?! Everytime I import a textfile into phpmyadmin it only EVER imports 127 rows and then I get this error?! Anybody know why?

I'm desperate here!

Even if I try to add a row directly from phpmyadmin...

What is this program trying to say to me...as soon as I attempt to hit row 128 it give me this error message:

Duplicate entry '127' for key 1

What IS THE DEAL!? I can't figure it out! Please tell me there's someone who knows the answer to this one!

thanks

It means you have created a primary key - which can only have a unique value, and you are now trying to add a row for which a key was already used previously.

Example: You have a product table, which includes a primary key on field "product_id". You now start to add products, and your product id's are entered as 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. At some stage, you might be trying to enter a product with id 4 again, which is not allowed as a product with that id was already enetered previously.

Solution:

1) Fix the entry causing the duplicate entry; OR

2) Remove the primary index, if you want to allow duplicate entries - not usually used.

Reference: http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/CREATE_TABLE.html

Cheers

I presume this was answered in this thread - ie you'd defined the primary key as a TINYINT, which can only take 127 records.

Originally posted by greenman
    I presume this was answered in this thread - ie you'd defined the primary key as a TINYINT, which can only take 127 records.
    I assumed he fixed that problem - but your'e right - it could still be part of that problem.

Cheers