Thread: Replicate tables via Transfer Manager?

sheenah Guest

Replicate tables via Transfer Manager?

Hello:

I need to develop an off-line database that replicates/copies some key tables for reporting. The info is fairly static (codes. etc.)and does not need to be real-time.
    Is it feasible that I can set up a scheduled task on SQL 6.5 using Transfer Manager to copy & append data to this off-line db on a schedule.
    I may not be able to set-up replication on our production server.
    So, I am considering alternatives. Appreciate any input. Thank you

Replicate tables via Transfer Manager? (reply)

you can set up snapshot replication and schedule it durning off peak hours.....its is faily simple to set up

------------
    sheenah at 6/14/00 1:35:00 PM

Hello:

I need to develop an off-line database that replicates/copies some key tables for reporting. The info is fairly static (codes. etc.)and does not need to be real-time.
    Is it feasible that I can set up a scheduled task on SQL 6.5 using Transfer Manager to copy & append data to this off-line db on a schedule.

Craig Guest

If it was me, I would just restore the backup of the database somewhere on a schedule, or dump the specific tables and restore them if time is an issue.

Good luck.

------------
    at 6/14/00 1:38:31 PM

you can set up snapshot replication and schedule it durning off peak hours.....its is faily simple to set up

------------

Hello:

sheenah Guest

Thank you for the suggestion. I also need to think about performing this task when we go to SQL 7.0. Our production server will be 6.5 for now, and the off-line will be 7.0. The table dump and restore feature is not available in 7.0. What is a viable alternative on 7.0. Can I use DTS?

------------

Hello: