Thread: Forced reload on invisible grid

Forced reload on invisible grid

I have a function with two modules, the first module is invisible and I used it to retrieve the newest record in a table which is the passed to the second module to determine if certain actions will be permissable.

The problem I have is that, the first module never gets refreshed, it seems that because there is no update action performed in the module, the initial query is retained in memory and it never requeries, how can I force a reload everytime the function is cycled thru.

In other words I want to requery everytime I execute the first module.

Hi Andre,

Check out the dbResetAll property. There's a multi-module example at:

http://www.aspdb.com/tornado/manual/Ex/Ex_dsn.aspx

That might be just what you're after.

Thanks,
    John

I tried that yesterday and it made no difference, I guest what I want is a way to force a requery the same way the reload button would do. Refreshing the page also has no effect, I presume that because there is no action queries (add, update, delete) on the dataset in the first invisible module, then Tornado assumes that retrieving the data from memory is acceptable and more efficient.

needs a bit more info -

where is the navigation and action buttons? In modile #2?

When re-entrant 'action' occurs, all other modules will not be activated except the active one. This is the normal behavior.

try -> dbUnit="1_new" and force #1 to execute and see #2 is stillOK.

FK

All the navigation/action buttons are in module 2, module 1 is run as an invisible module and is only used to determine what actions I will allow in module 2. I store variables in module 1 and read those variables in module 2 to restrict which actions i will allow the user to do by changing the navigation items.

But it's important that module 1 retrieves current table information and not old cached information.

If I understand your response, since all my navigation and action buttons are in the second module, module 1 is treated as a first time only module.

Not firsttime only but active module only. So yo uhave to 'force' #1 to execute. Did youtry the dbUnit="1_new" when there is a units name endswith "_new". it'll execute. as "New" (first time).

FK

Just tried it, it did reload my first module, looks like it's going to work.

Thanks

PS Is that _new documented somewhere?

tornado, _New

Yes, just look at dbUnit in the doc.

One ways to find out about updates if Click 'release history' in TED help.

FK