I am new to DBA related stuff so please bare with me...

I am working for a small company that wants me to create a database for their website which is hosted by a 3rd party company.

In order to write the code I had to install Interdev, SQL Server, and Windows NT option pack for a server.

The computer that I use has username: Administrator and no password (I don't know if this is the same as SA and no password). The company's server is running off my computer.

For now all I really want to do is connect to the database and test the web page.
I know that in connecting to the database I should really use a userid and password.

I would like to use the following connectionstring:

"Provider=SQLOLEDB; Data Source=SERVER; Initial Catalog=MonarchMedical; User ID=monarchuser; Password=monarchuser"

I believe that my domain name is called SERVER. The database I wan to conncet to is MonarchMedical and the userid and password I want to create is monarchuser.

This is where I'm stuck. Does this involve creating users and roles? How do I assign this to my login (Administrator).

I even tried to connect to the Northwind database using no userid and password and it gives me the following error:

Login failed for user 'IUSR_SERVER'. Error in database connection

What am I doing wrong? How can I get this to work?

Please help!!!!

Thanks for your help