Thread: Error 1117 HELP!!!!

Gordon Guest

Error 1117 HELP!!!!

Help,

we have error 1117 - Extent chain for object %ID is not correctly linked

Fortunately this is a temporary table, so we can drop it - or so we thought. The table will not drop!"!!

HELP How do I drop a table that does not 'want to be dropped'!!! There are no dependencies and I MUST have this temporary table available for the system to use.

gordon

Gordon Munro Guest

Error 1117 HELP!!!! update

Well, Panic is almost over. Simply renaming the table seems to have allowed us to create a new table with the old name and it all seems to be running fine.
    However, the fact still remains that we cannot drop thew corrupt table. Any ideas?

gordon

------------
    Gordon at 12/10/99 12:23:13 PM

Help,

Fortunately this is a temporary table, so we can drop it - or so we thought. The table will not drop!"!!

HELP How do I drop a table that does not 'want to be dropped'!!! There are no dependencies and I MUST have this temporary table available for the system to use.

gordon

Ray Miao Guest

Error 1117 HELP!!!! (reply)

Try 'dbcc checktable ...'. If doesn't fix the problem, run 'dbcc newalloc'.

------------
    Gordon at 12/10/99 12:23:13 PM

Help,

gordon