Thread: Help

Question Help

I have a website, that people go to and the submit information and that information is then sent to a mailbox. I have to go to the mailbox,print the information and then manually enter it into the Access 2002 database. Is there a way for me to somehow take that information people enter at the Web Site and have automatically enter the database, without me having to manually type each registion into the database? If there is a How can it be done or can you direct me to an Access book that will tell me how to do it.

nakita1319

You may be able to use the File System Object (FSO) to open the messages in the mail box and pick out the relevant information.
    or if the Access dB is on the web server, why not pick the values up from the form the user submits

rgds

Depending on how the site is written there are several ways you could get the data off the page. If you know a little ASP you could easily write the fields to the access DB like ryand suggests. Or if you don't want to go that far could you change the code that writes the mail message to write a comma separated string to a file instead ? it's easy from there to create an import procedure in access to get the data in.