Thread: segment log error

chris Guest

segment log error

I am getting this error in SQL 6.5:

Error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]. Can’t allocate space for object ‘Syslogs’ in database ‘ER’ because the ‘logsegment’ is full. If you ran out of space in Syslogs, dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE or sp_extendsegment to increase the size of the segment.

Should I increase the size? Its already 350 MB. I would like to start over with a new transaction log. Can I do this?

Ray Miao Guest

segment log error (reply)

Did you dump log periodically? If not, did you set 'truncate log on checkpoint'? Try dump log and 'dbcc checktable (syslogs)'. If not work, have to expand log.

------------
    chris at 9/28/00 3:58:46 PM

Error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]. Can’t allocate space for object ‘Syslogs’ in database ‘ER’ because the ‘logsegment’ is full. If you ran out of space in Syslogs, dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE or sp_extendsegment to increase the size of the segment.

Should I increase the size? Its already 350 MB. I would like to start over with a new transaction log. Can I do this?

chris Guest

segment log error (reply)

I have it set to truncate log on checkpoint. Does this mean I need to expand the log?

------------
    Ray Miao at 9/28/00 4:45:03 PM

Did you dump log periodically? If not, did you set 'truncate log on checkpoint'? Try dump log and 'dbcc checktable (syslogs)'. If not work, have to expand log.

------------
    chris at 9/28/00 3:58:46 PM