Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tornado Editor (TED)

The help directoryis picked up from the Setup. hit F12 and check the data there. Check the scratch directory and make use you have write priv. on it. Actually, if your'll local Tornado development is working... all should work. I'll upload another version w/o the debugging. Try it an dlet me know

FK

OK all seems fine now, problem was with the setup file.

One thing I found though is that the comments which I color coded red, don't show up in that color until you close and reopen, it does not alter the color on the new comments you add.

it should.. I'll check

Also, when you display the syntax, the bottom window and the main code window are not resizable and in some cases you cannot read the description in the bottom window, try navigation item, the last line is not visible and there is no scrolling bar.

scroll bar is there but it is coered by the status bar about one line (Another bug of the controls ... fixed...

FK
    Last edited by Frank; 01-16-2003 at 02:24 PM.

Final control bug fix came in from MS.. now Undo fully functional and shift-tab also works. I have see > 1000 message sin deja forum about this undo problem with MDI and can't believe nobody reported that adn I after I reported that, the incident is free becasue it is a bug. Go get the latest.

I also put in a MySQL-MyODBC template as I just finished that in answering a user's support question.

As for color change using F12 for various font... hit the reload button.

FK

About the comment color, what I mean is that if you add new comments to your code, these comments do not display in the color you choose, when I open the file all my comments are red but the new comments I add will not show red until the next time I open the file.

Hitting the reload button overwrites your changes.

right... try hit F7

Thanks, that works, but the links to the manual in the syntax display window at the bottom don't seem to work anymore. I installed TED on another PC with the same results.

Correct.. last fix (large font display) messed up this property - fixed.. will post a new version

OH.. the question about why typing ' will not change to comment color.

This is a non language specific editor. Cannot do that. ' means comment in ASPX and <!-- --> means comment in HTML. So I provide F7 to re-scan for aspx. For HTML, tx and others you chousld turn off the auto-complete and comment.

FK

F7 is causing error "Cast from string "aspx" to type 'boolean' is not valid

fixed - detect file <> aspx then highlight=off

FK

Comment color, does it work for you on the latest TED, downloaded the latest version this morning and I cannot get the text color to show in a different color, also what appended to F7?

try again.