Thread: How to get modify date of sp & table structure

How to get modify date of sp & table structure

How do I get the modify date of the stored procedures and also the table structures? Any suggestions or recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

You can pull the date created from the sysobjects table, I'm not aware of a modified date stored anywhere. Why do you need the information?

Jeff

There is no such thing I'm afraid. You'll need to either add the date as a comment into the procedure or keep your procedures in something like sourcesafe or some other document version control system.

JBane, thanks so much for your reply. The reason I need the modified date is when I am working on the development environment and I make changes on some of the table structures and also the stored procedures. After finishing the development and moving to Production, I can look at the modified date and I would know which ones need to move to Production.

Thanks Mist for your suggestions. I don't think sourcesafe would do this. If you know the name of the document version control system that do this, please let me know.

Thanks so much for all your replies.